Thursday 17 September 2015

BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED, PART 49

BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED


PART 49




It was my third year of college, I was eighteen that time. I was home during my spring break. My father owned a small textile business, we weren’t one of the richest but we had money. My sister was newly promoted, she was a software engineer. My mother was in search of a good guy for her but my sister had other plans, she liked this really nice guy in her office who was her very good friend. Those were the happy days, the normal days. At end of my of my vacation they all wanted to see me off to the college. We were on the highway, when our car met with an accident. Last thing I remembered was my sister pushing me out of the door and the car crashing into a tree before my eyes n then catching fire.

In the hospital I was informed that none of my family members had survived the accident while I just bore few scratches here n there. In a split second I had lost everything. It was my father’s good friend and business partner who took me to his house. I had known him all my life; he was someone my father had trusted for years. For a few days I just drowned myself in sorrows. But once the cloud of mourning cleared a bit I noticed the weird behavior of father’s friend. One day I asked if I could go out, he said I shouldn’t in the condition I was in. Another couple of days n his fake politeness all but disappeared. I could see he was getting agitated with my constant requests to go out. He didn’t want to even take care of me. I confronted him, told him it was okay if he didn’t want to cope up with me.

I was not prepared to live alone- actually I was really a kid inside, spoiled by my parents and always buried in my books, I hardly knew the outside world. But in the eyes of law I was an adult, I didn’t need a guardian so I thought I would figure something out. I told him he should let me go to my house. He didn’t like the idea very much. In fact he was furious, said I couldn’t leave his house. When I asked the reason, he told me because I was dead for the world. Nobody knew I was alive. He had paid the hospital where I had been admitted n authorities or something, and everyone thought I was dead with my family. He had done it because it was the easiest way to own the entire business. The death of my family was an opportunity for him.

Since there were no more secrets between us, I was locked in a room. Initially I didn’t even fight. There was nothing left to fight for. But the loneliness of the room seemed to swallow me, I missed my books, my life, my parents and I started to look for a way out. My captor was vigilant though. Sometimes I hoped somebody had to know on the face of earth that I was alive but when nobody came to my rescue, that hope died.

Every Saturday night he had friends who came over to play cards and drink. One night a man found out that my father’s friend-my captor-had a girl locked in one of the rooms. It was like a lottery for him, I guess. He tried to force himself upon me, my captor saw him and didn’t say a word; he turned his back on us. That night I was raped not by one but three men. Past that night I had magically turned from a human to a toy. It went on like that until I had become this crazed girl who was afraid of her own shadow. My captor wanted to get rid of me, so when one of his friends told him about some guys who could take me away and pay him also, he was too happy to trade. I overheard their conversation. Although I was dead scared of running, I also knew that it was my last chance at it, because the future that awaited me once those men got their hands on me was going to be worse. Those men were coming for me n I had to get away.

I had nothing dangerous with me in my room that’s why when my captor came to give me food, I hit him with the table and ran towards the kitchen. I pulled out a knife there, long and sharp. My captor, the person whom my father had always trusted stood before me. I had meant to only injure him so I could get enough time to run. But once the knife was lodged in his skin n the blood spilled, I couldn’t stop. I stabbed him again n again like a bloody murderer. That day I truly died.

I ran. The men however had arrived and caught me. I remained with them for a while; nobody touched me n I was fed well. I didn’t know I had entered the vicious circle of human trafficking until I was taken to an auction somewhere. Before it was my turn to be presented in the auction, a man came to me. It was Mr. C, the one I worked for when you found me. He told me I had caught his eye. He thought I had spark; that I could prove to be a good investment. He told me all the girls in auction would be sent out of the country but if I agreed to work with him, he would buy me. He would provide me roof to live under n I wouldn’t have to leave the country. Most of all I would get to choose my customers; until n unless I worked on his terms n earned him enough profits I’d get my own share of freedom.

I took his offer without blinking. It was a fair deal. My body was already soiled so I had nothing to save. Of course another option was killing myself but I didn’t want to die, if there was an afterlife I wasn’t ready to face my family with a filthy body and murderous hands. The first time was very tough, I was drugged during it. At the beginning of my time in prostitution, I hated men, people in general… I hated god and mostly I hated myself. I was a walking ball of anger n resentment. Then with time it got easier, calm acceptance settled in. I came into terms with my fucked up life, nothing surprised me anymore. I was stronger than I had ever been because I wasn’t scared of anything. Through the nights, during the deed, I learned to shut myself off, float out of my body when it happened and years passed into nothingness. I became one of Mr. C’s golden girls, hugely beneficial n trusted. That is how Geet died and Muskan was born.

She had narrated the entire tragedy of her life like a story, like it wasn’t she who had been through all of that. Her voice had remained exceptionally cold and detached. Maan’s hands were tight vices around her. He had always guessed something awful had pushed her into prostitution, it was obvious. Never in his wildest dreams could he have imagined the brutalities of her past. How can the world be so cruel to a girl so innocent? She was raped… more than once… by different men.

When he didn’t say anything, Geet risked a glance behind her. The white of his eyes was red n misty, his face pale and jaw clenched strongly. A vein stuck out at his neck as his whole body acquired a taut stance. He looked like he was in a lot of pain, and anger radiated from him in swarms. At her? She averted her gaze. If you hate me, I don’t blame you. Believe me I loathe myself. Very bad things have happened to me n I have made crappy choices. Worst of all, I don’t regret any of them. I want to tell you that I didn’t want to be this… thing, which I have become. I was forced into this. I…

You don’t have to say anything. His words came out as a low growl as he turned her to face him with vigor. There is nothing to hate about you. He cupped her face making her look in his fierce eyes. You are a survivor, Geet. I have never met anyone as strong as you. After whatever happened in your past, today you smile, you are kind at heart n you care. And damn you are honest n independent. Never ever you used your past to gain pity, not even from me. I love you so very much; it rips me apart to know what’s been done to you n I didn’t even know. But am happy you came out on top, it doesn’t matter how you did it. Fuck the world, fuck everything. I am just grateful to you, that today you stand here with me, the light of my life. I promise to protect you always. I swear.

He pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Geet felt no pain or discomfort, instead she cried out of amazement n happiness. This man could still touch her, hug her despite the fact that she had laid her defiled and corrupt past in front of him. How…? She asked herself because it felt so surreal.





_____________________________


Please leave a comment if you liked the update.



16 comments:

  1. Past.. tat was so horrible.. tat so called friend of her father's god how could he.. just for some business and money but tats world coz for power and money ppl can do anything and he just did not use geet he sold her body to his frds and seriously i loved tat geet killed him. she did not stop with one stab coz tat bastard had to be dead but in this she died and gave birth to muskaan from geet and maan as said earlier i love this maan coz his love for geet is just unconditional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a horrible past!!!
    Geet was left behind with this cruel world!!!
    Her father frnd!!! Crappy person!!!
    He sold geet used geet!!!
    N geet couldn't even die !! Thinking she wont able to face her family!!! That was the most painful one!!
    She became geet to muskan¡! :(

    But geet need to spill her connection with dev also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what happened to geet was horrible... maan i just love him.. he loves her n cares for her... dev cam do a thing... hope geet tells maan about dev's deeds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. M proud on my maan :)
    Beautifully written Mindblowing Emotional update yar :-)
    loved it a lot :-)
    Sona :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geet had gone so much my heart went out for her after listening her story !!maan is right she is a survivor n she deserves every happiness !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no such a painful past
    No one was there for her
    Just for greed ppl do many things
    If that partner didn't do such a thing she wudnt hv gone through all that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn! Damn! Damn!

    I hate crying but I can't help it. I've known Geet's past yet reading the details made me teared up bad. I'm crying at how cruel and heartless people can be. So selfish and blind in the love of money that they can not only declare alive girl dead for her father's business but could also let his bastard friends rape her. Gang rape her. And I don't care if I sound heartless at this moment confessing this, but I'm bloody proud of the fact that Geet killed that bastard. Sorry excuse of a shit.

    And if I was shedding silent tears then I was also burning with rage. My blood boiled reading her past. 5 goddamn years. Can I really blame her for being so freaking distant and emotionless? The girl lost everything she had in a fraction of a second and she didn't have anyone to blame for it. Worse. Cos no blaming means no anger. Can she even have a closure to such a past?

    It's freaking unreal that despite everything that she went through. Gang rape, her hands with that bastard's blood and then 5 years of trading her body; she still has love in her to give. She is kind, she cares, loves and most of all smiles. Gosh! Even while typing this commenty eyes are getting moist. Whole update I was wiping my faces off of tears.

    But the most saddest part of all this is that this can be very well a girl's story out there somewhere among the prostitutes. Every prostitute is forced. After all no one ever wishes to become a pros when they grew up. And to think every pros was forced into this by men or to earn some quick money sends a chill down my spine. I shudder at the thought of someone actually living that life day to day

    This update drained me emotionally. Heart breaking and gut wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome awesome part.. Geet has gone through so much.. n today she opened her past life's page in front of him... huuum..a tleast MAan won't behave rationally with her.. w/o knowing result he can remain miffed with her.. but should not leave her alone.. becoz it makes her easily accessible to danger lurking around her.. I am waiting for day when he will get to know Dev's truth..

    ReplyDelete
  9. horrible past it was.
    geet went through so much all alone..
    and when Mr.c offered her the deal she felt the deal was good.
    she accepted bcoz she was not ready to face her family after being a murderer.
    but I thought its good that she killed that guy he so deserves it.
    and maan felt geet is so brave . beared everything till now..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn that was painful & pathetic how cud that man do that . Its really agonizing to even think what she has gone through :'( she finally tells Maan abt her past ... and Maan surprises her again naming her brave & survivor ... kindness she has never witnessed . Chalo m happy she tells her truth of the past & Maan embraces it ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dat was so horrifying .......being a girl.....its terrifying just to think about it....wddr in fiction or in reality....
    Sadly such cases has been on rise in recent times....
    And der may be so many girls like geet who are forced to take up such jobs......i completely hate it wen ppl specially men look down upon girlls as simeone weak and who can be dominted and oppressed......

    Now dat geet has confessed...i feel so bad for her....she has come to a state where..even her voice did not crack for a second wen talking bout her past......she has been so used to the pain and hurt...that she has bevome indifferent to it.........
    She has completely lost hope of happiness in her life...may be dat s y now wen she has,maan..it took time for her to come to terms dat maan loves her for real...may be she always had.a constant fear of losing...a fear dt al of it will not last long..... and dat s y it took so ling to take the leap of faith and open up to maan...
    And maan i wish guys like him...existed in reality.....iys very rare dat a man watsoever will accept a girl like dat....and he did it even without knowing her past.....so hats off to him.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. a horrifying past ..damm ...what geetfaced it was damm crying ..but she is still happy ..
    her life totally rotten by her father's friend just for business ..she was brutely raped ..happy that she killed that bastard ..he deserve that ..maan loved her ..the way he hugged her and consoled her amazing..
    thanks for update ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn the whole part was so painful and heath-wrenching to read. Geet went through a hell of a life. She lost her whole family in just a split of second. And the guardian that she thought she can depend on is an evil person. He acted well towards Geet but at the end he declared to that Geet is no longer alive. He just wanted to get all the property and business under his name. Geet didn’t have any objection because she’s already sad with the loss of her family and this doesn’t seems to affect her anyway.
    But she wants to leave the place to leave by herself, but his locked her up in room. And worst part he was raped by few ruthless guy. She tried to ran away from the place when she gets to know they guy and his friends planning to sell her off, but at the end she killed the person. Theirs is nothing to be sorry about this. She did a good job by killing such person. But things didn’t favour her thou, she got caught and kept captivated by the gang. Mr.C offered Geet to be prostitute with some condition that favours her. And Geet accepted it. It doesn’t make any difference to her as her body is already been used by few guys and she doesn’t even want to die. She scared to face her family as she’s broken beyond repair now. Her death seems not to be favouring her….
    So much of suffering that Geet went through, yet she stand still with so much braveness and kindness within her.


    ajenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. geet bear so much in her past just a small age n she ha seen a hrrible world where she see nothng but cruelness nd stll she beared all that in her life hatts of to her but y she dnt told about dev n maan what can i say abut hm his love is inifinite foor her

    ReplyDelete
  15. her family was dead in front of her own eyes, she was already dead by then but when that man raped her she wasn't the same person she used to be & from then onwards the way she was leading her forcefully was her only survival option until maan came back.

    IF id: impoojaverma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Part 49
    Horrible past. She told him how she landed in this profession. How his father’s friend took disadvantage of her state. He locked up her in the house when he told his real motive. Glad that he never lusted over body but sad that he never stopped his friends to use her. She got escaped from there, killed him but still she landed in another vicious circle of trafficking girls. Glad that maan doesn’t think like she was flith. He changed her life with his immense, unconditional love.

    IF - Madhuri53

    ReplyDelete