Saturday 3 January 2015

BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED, PART 34


BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED


PART 34





They write anything without proof. And I never felt the need to explain myself to them. He looked into her eyes. But there was never anyone else, just you. I slept with girls, had inconsistent girlfriends and even one night stands but I loved only one. You. He hugged her again.


Resolve in her eyes, Geet stood up. Maan, there is something I want you to see. Taking his hand she led him to their room. She left him to stand beside the bed and when came back there was a box in her hands. He recognized it instantly.





Maan couldn’t mistake it. This was the box Geet had taken from her dingy building where she had lived before he had brought her to his place. The place was creepy and disgusting, yet she had gone back there and endangered herself for this box that Maan couldn’t comprehend the importance of. Since seeing it, he was dying to know what was there in the little metallic chest, but more than that he had wanted Geet to show him what treasures it held. So he had quelled that part of him that desperately wanted to see its contents and with time had all forgotten about the thing.


Maan stared at her hopefully. She had brought it out today and probably his wait was going to end.


My treasure box. She said smiling and patting fondly the smooth brown surface that still shinned like it was new. Her eyes hardened. I have never opened it. Not since I kept away my things in there.


Maan noticed that her fingers were trembling. His heart squeezed with the need to embrace her and to make her forget all the cruelties of life.


Geet glanced up drawing strength from the love that was always there in his eyes for her and opened the head. Curious Maan peeked into the box, all sort of things lay there. A chain, anklets, a red tie?


She sat on the bed and a perplexed Maan did the same. What is all this?


Memories. She pulled out the anklets from the box. My mother gave me these on my thirteenth birthday because I was so crazy about her anklets. She brought me these to get me off her head. She chuckled, wistfully. She picked up the chain and showed him eagerly. My sister brought me this from her first salary; she was so happy and spent all of her pay on us. And this was my father’s. She took out the red tie, eyes now wet. His favorite. Maa always commented that it was too flashy but he still wore it at every party. Maa used to get so pissed. Geet said laughing to stop from crying.


A photograph was there in the box. She picked it up. See this. Her voice came out shaky, losing its loudness. On Geet’s insistence Maan tore his eyes from her face and focused them on the snap. My family photograph. Just look at me. Big specs, unruly hair. I was such a nerd, wasn’t I? How did you came to like me is still a mystery. There were other things in the box. A greeting, her last Nokia mobile, a folded portrait she had drawn of her father. Maan didn’t know she drew portraits so well. Everything had a piece of story attached to it and she told him like she was living it all. In the end there remained a sole object lying at the base of the box. It was a small book and she picked it up for Maan to see the cover. His eyes widened with obvious shock. Our book. The Romeo and Juliet you stole.


I didn’t steal it.


Yeah you did. She hugged the book to herself. You did. And I am thankful.


Her mourning started with tears and then sobs erupted from her mouth. Oh god, I am breaking down. She miserably tried to wipe her face but Maan held her hands kissing the knuckles. Then before she could start to really panic because she was crying Maan pulled her in for a hug.


It’s okay. You can cry.


Maan I was normal once. My life was perfect. Now I realize it. I had a family and they loved me. They loved me so much. And they took care of me. Paid for my education, fed me, gave me a roof. Things we all take for granted. I had never known that one day I will have nothing; that I will have to sell myself for every piece of bread. What I wouldn’t give to go back. What I wouldn’t give to erase all the scars that I bear, to erase everything that has happened to me… that I have done. I wanted to die but death is scary Maan. I couldn’t face them; make them witness what have become of their daughter, sister. This was acceptance. Easy, sweet acceptance. I never opened the box because if I had then I would my lost life and fall weak. I would want to die. But I couldn’t die. I couldn’t.


She couldn’t kill herself. What she hadn’t done to make herself believe that she didn’t regretted and wanted her life back. She had lived for days, months and years… making herself strong and emotionless, going through the same terrible routine. Living with no family, no assurance, constant fear, and doing what was every girl’s worst nightmare. She had seen people at their worst, the mask they wore during the day and face that they revealed at night.


Tears poured from Maan’s eyes too for he was not immune to the pain she felt. But he also knew that he wouldn’t ever understand what she had endured, how she had survived because he had lived a sheltered life and could not imagine how having no one to depend on really felt like. He didn’t know what hunger meant… and more than that he would never understand what a girl went through when she had sex with corrupt strangers for money. The knowledge was blinding… piercing. Did Maan want to know all she had lived; would he be able to bear?


She stared into his eyes hard. I have done bad things. Maan knew what she meant. I really am filthy.


No you are not. Moreover, I believe in the beauty of soul.


And you think I have a soul? “Behold, all souls are mine, the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die.” She quoted from the bible. My soul is dead.


Maan clenched his teeth but didn’t speak. He felt strongly against her words, very strongly.


You have given me a lot. Today you have gifted me the truth. I wanted to give you something too. So you get this… she pointed her trembling chin at the box. A treasure box full of fucked up memories and me… a ruined girl with baggage.


And I accept. I accept the treasure box and the dark mermaid.


Geet smiled; a sad, broken smile.


Maan brushed his lips against hers but she threaded her fingers into his hairs pulling him for more. He deepened the kiss, entering and ravaging her mouth. Geet ended the passionate kiss with a soft peck. This was for always being so awesome.


He gave her a breathtaking half smile. You just know how to thank me. He kissed her forehead and hugged her for a long time. Come on, love, I’ll put you to bed. Geet nodded although she didn’t want to leave him. He cleared the bed putting Geet’s box carefully back into the closet. Covering his love with warm blanket he climbed in pulling her back flush against his front. His lips found her neck and shoulder leaving a trail of lingering kisses.


Good night, Geet. He whispered in her ear. Kissing his knuckles like he had done, she echoed back. Good night.  






Next morning Geet woke up and stretched lazily like a cat. Bright sunlight fell over her from the space between the curtains. She squinted. Why Maan wasn’t in bed with her? She looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table and it was 10:30. Shit, she had slept for that long? There was a nicely folded note lying beside the clock. She picked and unfolded it.


Good morning, Sunshine. I tried to wake you up-not hard enough-but you were in deep sleep. I have an early meeting to attend so leaving. It’s difficult to believe that you redid the whole room in one day all by yourself that too so beautifully. Thank you for that and also for last night. Thank you for sharing a part of you with me.


Miss me.
Your Romeo.




She blushed with a face splitting grin. After brushing teeth and tying hair in a pony, she bounded down to the kitchen where Neena was doing her job.


The cook didn’t look at her and said in a curt tone. Omelet and toasts are for breakfast. Geet nodded. You will have juice with it?


Geet unusually felt like having milk. A glass of warm milk will be better.


Neena raised a questioning brow but refrained from commenting. Geet stuck her tongue out at the grumpy cook once her back was turned towards the breakfast table. Within five minutes, Neena presented the breakfast tray before her then strolled back to the kitchen. Seriously, what was her problem?


Geet noticed another neatly folded note placed at the corner of the tray, a fresh, red rose kept over it.


Since good, old Neena wouldn’t ever think of giving her a note and flower, it was undoubtedly from her hubby dear. Her heart missed several beats as she smelled the sweet scent of rose and opened the note once again to Maan’s beautiful cursive handwriting.




“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god,”


Even Jesus returned after death for those who worshipped and loved him. Then why can’t your soul, for me?



Geet gasped. He had quoted the bible too. This note was so different from the other one, so much deeper… meaningful. Only Maan could refute and convince her of almost anything. Look how much he had changed her-from a prostitute to a wife. And he had certainly revived a part of her that she thought was dead.


The silly grin still present on her face, Geet folded back the paper and drank her glass of milk. She brought her mobile and texted Maan.


Read your notes. I am missing you.


His reply came after a minute. Then come to me.


Geet sighed dreamily. I don’t want to disturb.


But I want to get disturbed. Please. He replied.


Aww. Geet grinned, almost falling off the chair with happiness. The evil part of her decided to have fun. No. Mr. Khurana, as much as I would like to please you, there is a company you have to run and so I shall not come in between you and your work. After all you left me for some ‘early meeting’ this morning.


His reply came. Wait. Until I get my hands on you.


Oh god she was smirking and Neena was giving weird looks. Finishing her breakfast in record time, Geet hurried towards the bathroom to bathe and get ready.






Maan was bit irritated but still a small smile shimmered on his lips. He knew she was playing with him. Stupid girl. Stupid, utterly sexy and amazing inside-out girl. Shaking his head he got back to work wanting to get over with the day fast and retreat to his lovely wife.


He was engrossed deeply in file when the intercom rang and his receptionist’s professional voice was heard as he pressed the green button. Sir, Deepika Ma’am is here to meet 
you. Shall I send her in?


Damn. He had half the mind to say no but for how long he would avoid her. Yes. I would like to see her.


The line went off and shortly Deepika sauntered into his cabin, as if she owned his entire office. Maan had the urge to roll his eyes. He smiled and she beamed coming to him and pecking his cheek.


Where have you been?


Recreational tour.


So have I heard, Croatia? Maan nodded as she leaned against his desk beside him. He closed the file that was lying before him. Well, you could have invited me. I would love to accompany you.


Maan gave a lopsided smile. Of course you would. How is Debraj project going, I heard there were complications.


Again work. Do I have boring written over my forehead? She leaned down 
grasping the lapel of his coat with her hand. She whispered genuinely. I missed you.


Maan raised his brows. Same here. He said trying to pry her agile hand off his coat, she was crumpling the material.


Hmm… Deepika breathed on his face tracing his cheek with a long nail.


Deepika, this is office.


You didn’t mind when we were together. She said huskily, running her lips under his jaw. Maan moaned, more from revulsion than pleasure. This lady just didn’t know how to take a hint. He gripped her hand that was making a quick move of opening his shirt buttons when footsteps sounded outside the cabin. They both ignored it as Maan brought her hand closer to his chest tightening his grip around her fragile wrist.


His tone was calm yet authoritative. No, I did mind even then. You sh- He was interrupted by the door opening and a furious Geet standing with blazing eyes.


Didn’t somebody taught you to knock the door before entering? Deepika hissed.


Maan turned exasperated eyes towards Deepika and muttered under his breath. If I were you I wouldn’t dare pissing off the lioness anymore than she already is. But of course Deepika didn’t hear him; she was engrossed in glaring back at Geet. To Maan’s surprise, Deepika didn’t move and stayed perched on his desk confidently and Geet didn’t move either, her jaw tightly clenched as if she was tempering down the urge to kill. In the moment of tense silence Maan let go Deepika’s hand and righted his shirt.


Finally, Geet marched across the room and held the same hand that Maan was holding and pulled Deepika away from the desk and pushed her a feet away from Maan. Maan’s jaw dropped down. No-no not a cat fight. Hell would freeze before he saw his Geet’s pretty skin scratched by Deepika’s manicured nails.


How dare you touch me? Who the hell do you think you are? Deepika screeched; her seductive voice gone down the drain.


Just the perfect question. I am his wife. So you better stay away from my husband. If I saw you trying to seduce my husband again, I swear to god I will make you regret it massively.


Deepika started to laugh and Maan thought she was hysterical from shock. Wife… Husband..? You have to be kidding- As her eyes darted to Maan and he offered no argument against Geet’s announcement, Deepika’s laugh evaporated. She looked back and forth from Maan to Geet.


You can’t- You said marriage wasn’t your thing. How could this wench make you change your mind and I couldn’t? Deepika was actually in shock. She turned tearful eyes at Maan then glared at Geet promising payback before leaving the room hastily. Geet saw her leave with satisfaction. 


Her eyes were on fire again as she looked at Maan. Next time you plan to fuck your “business partner”, remember to close the blinds.









 _______________________________


PRECAP- 1. Oh-oh, Geet angry… How will Maan manofy ;)
2. Last precap continued.







Imp note:


Got late this time, was held up a little. I am so happy that you guys read my note and commented. I got so many comments this time. I am very delighted and immensely motivated. Thank you so much for the love. Thanks for the wishes too. A very happy new year to everyone; may this year be the best for all of us so far.

Please don't forget to leave a comment.


XOXO




28 comments:

  1. Awesome update.. Something tat was much needed coz this sharing of her past and memories would defo bring in some more changes in their life. And this also shows tat Geet started to trust him..

    andops deepika.. yaar koi aur nahi hain kya for her.. she is one who does not understand straight rejection but happy tat geet told her who she was and where deepika stands... yaar ab tho maan ki bhaaj gayi.. i hope geet gives him a tough time

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tania here,loved the part.maaneet moment is so beautifully written by u.geet shared many thing of her life with maan but still not opening the secret why she chose that life?if maan not took her in his life,she 'd still continue that life.geet openly declared deepika as maan s wife.but as like geet i also not like maan s closeness with deepika.now waiting to see how maan remove angryness of his geet ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way they love and respect each other even love the way they are so possessive of each other God help any one who comes between them can't wait for next

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very happy new year di .. loved the update
    n now the relationship b/w them don't only have love but also trust ..
    loved the way they both supported each other n how simply they accepted each other's life .. but does that mean geet's family is not dead ..?? i thought so all during this story ...hopefully u'll clearify this ..

    deepika the witchy bitch ....i seriously thought geet is gonna mis-understand it all like last time but then they both know they love each other ..n now they trust each other n geet not just his gf or his house mate ..she is his wife ...so yeah that gave her enough confidence n trust to take a stand against the witch-y bitch ...:p
    nn i totally loved her in that scene ...

    maan's notes were so damn sweet ..any girl would fall for such a man ...^_^

    opppsss but he is in trouble wifey is maha upset
    lets c how the great MSK manages this ...;)

    waiting for next eagerly ...n khumaari as well

    luv ya
    sobia

    ReplyDelete
  5. ramarora:lovely part...
    geet sharing her past with maan...so sweet
    please update soon dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Update Osheen !
    Geet shared her past with Maan felt emotional :(
    That deepika came to Maan's office haha Loved thhe way Geet, the zakhhmi sherni insulted :D
    Glad He was quiet.. ohh sherni is furious on Him ;)
    Let's see how will manaofy her ;)
    Easy hai Maan ke liye :D
    Uppdt next part soon !

    ReplyDelete
  7. @monikaarora.....just awesome update dear....continueee soonnnn....

    ReplyDelete
  8. part 34
    awesome...........
    Maan cares for Geet so much...........
    cont soon dear...............

    Deepa (spvd)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome update...now geet opened all her secrets with maan..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome update deepika is yuck
    geet did good treatment with deepika
    now geet is angry

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know i was so emotional while reading the part where geet was sharing her past life, her memories of her family with maan.
    geet did an applauded job with deepika. want to hug her.
    Maan needs to do a lot of work to manofy geet.

    IF ID: impoojaverma

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi i love this story,u really have the guts to portray geet's character in this way.pls pls pls update regurarly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. geet sharing her piece of past is so heart touching....
    loll.. deepika got her ans... and poor maan... he'll gonna pay a big price now...:P

    IF id - flowing_river

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the update glad Geet opened up to Maan loved their cute texts and loved Geet reaction seeing that bitch getting close to Maan .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome update
    Loved it
    continue soon
    thanks for pm

    Orchid/IF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful part...
    Geet had at last opened her little secrets n treasures to Maan... meaning she fully trusted him..
    n the little cat fight at the end.... cool...
    waiting to see how Maan is going to manofy his jaan...

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! just loved it....this deepika is so shameless & cheap....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww first part was so sad 😢 the truth of Geet's past & how she carefully preserved it in a small box :'( she shared her clean past with Maan and broke down , even I had tears reading that :'(
    she still feels unworthy of him although Maan did some sweet things in morning
    Miss Deepika's perfect timing ruined it all 😡
    Amazing part

    ReplyDelete
  19. part 34 - awesome update...geet was so much trusted him that she opened her secret box to share her past beautiful moments with him...that means so much to maan..
    loved their using poems to convey their feelings...
    sherni possessive geet angry on maan & deepika...
    hope deepika will not use this info against them...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome chapter.

    Much needed and awaited one.
    This would really bring big change for them.

    Great snap by Geet, she showed Deepika her place.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Geet sharing her past with Maan was so painful n heart wrenching. No doubt she has seen the real dark world in her teens, more over she thinks what she did was a sin. But I actually loved the emotional support n comfort Maan offers her every time. She is a broken girl n cant be healed so soon. There is a longg way to go for Geet and hopefully she will at least try to come out of her past with the help of Maan's unconditional love. I know its actually impossible to forget such a past but I can at least hope that she now gets her share of happiness.

    Deepika is really a desparate bitch. She clearly doesnt get the message n I wonder why Maan doesnt tell her to buzz off? Just cos she is his partner in some projects? He is married now so he should know how to keep women at bay n stop them from taking such advances towards him.

    And I m quite surprise Geet told Deepika about their marriage. She wasnt ready to disclose it to anyone but she did it. I guess Maan was right about declaring his wedding to the world, at least he might get saved from despos like Deepika n also Geet's anger. And even Geet might get that security of having her husband all to herself.

    Oh btw I loved the quotes from bible. The positivity Maan shows to Geet is amazing. The moment she lets her past take over her he shows how much she means to him.

    Loved the update.

    -Sanjana! (BrainEaterOwl in I-F)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geet shared her treeassure with Maan, her past that she had buried into the treasure box. Something that she doesn’t want to bring out, she’s sharing it with Maan. She’s really broken…
    Love the way Maan console and support her during her breakdown. She needs it very much..
    What’s wrong with Neena .. being grummy towards your boss wife isn’t a great thing…
    Oh Deepika, she’s just a plain annoying , runs after Maan even thou he isn’t paying attention towards her. Love the way Geet reacted towards Deepika and also she proudly reveal their marriage…

    ajenn

    ReplyDelete
  23. WAITING...

    IF ID - Madhuri53

    ReplyDelete
  24. Still Waiting....

    IF ID - Madhuri53

    ReplyDelete